05 March 2007

Holy super doody! The worst day ever!

Well, at the risk of sounding like an incessant whiner. I will simply say, today was, as far as classroom behavior is concerned, absolutely the worst day since I have been student teaching. My sixth hour couldn't shut up. The talked the entire hour to the point that I lost my patience with about 10 minutes left and I finally just ended class before I got really pissed off and said something I would later regret. Fortunately for them, and me, I stopped before I reached that point. Sometimes I wonder how we ever keep anyone teaching in the middle school. I can tell you unequivocally I am ready to go to the high school. Today inspired me to write a short little poem. I call it "The dirge of student teaching". Want to hear it? Here it goes:

I was ne'er
so glad to smell and hear,
the exhaust in the air,
as the buses drove away,
and took the kids home for the day.

1 comment: