13 May 2007

What a weekend

Here it is the end of the weekend and nearly everyone is gone from my house. I am sitting alone in my living room while the few remaining family is down in the den. I am just fine with that. While I enjoyed having all of them here, I get really stressed out when I have that many people over at my house. I think I enjoy the planning of the events, but when it comes down the actual doing, I don't like it as much. I am not a good multi tasker and it shows at times like this. I pretty much fell apart this morning. It wasn't pleasant for me or anyone around.

The other side of that is I have a tendency, even though I say otherwise, to try to live up to people's expectations instead of trying to do what I think is right. I know, I know, that's not healthy, but it who I am and I am working on it.

I must say it is a great feeling to be done with school, not just the semester but the entire thing. It is a weight lifted off of my shoulders like you cannot even imagine. Everyone has been so supportive and so proud of me. I have been really blessed by all of the congratulatory comments from friends, family, and acquaintances. There were about 60 people here on Friday night helping us celebrate. I was so overwhelmed by everyone that was here. It was so nice to have all of my friends and family that have been so supportive of me and encouraging in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment