03 April 2007

Long Tuesday

It's Tuesday and I got home about 17:30. Now that may not be interesting, but when you consider the fact that I used to get home about two hours earlier, it was a long day. I went in early for a physical science meeting. It was worthless, but interesting nonetheless. I was able to work some on a lab with Lesa for almost two hours after school. We wrote an activity in which the students will graph (using Excel) their data from a rocket lab we did today. That may not seem like a big deal, but it is since most of these kids have never used the program in which they will be working. We worked hard with pictures and detailed instructions for the students. A big part of science is being able to follow instructions. Part of their grade will come from their ability to follow and understand our explicit directions.
It was an interesting day in that I was able to be involved more with the students, not to mention the fact that my rocket went further and fast than any of the student's rockets. :) I guess I am smarter than my students!
I still believe that the High School is where I should be. I hope to get the Physics job at PCO. The guy currently teaching Physics was observed by his University Supervisor/Mentor. He said it went well, but everyone is telling me that the reason the Physics job is open is because of the performance of the current teacher. Interesting...I hope I don't screw up too badly. I think anything short of that will go a long way toward getting me into that position. It helps to talk about this. I really want the job, but I am worried that I won't get it; so putting it into words helps me to process it in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment